"The entire process was interactive. Trainers were engaging and responsive. Team time was crucial in making those learning moments connect to operations at our organization."
Join other health and behavioral health systems for a March 2024 online Zero Suicide Academy® sponsored by the Education Development Center by applying before February 12, 2024.
About the Academy
The Zero Suicide Academy is a two-day training for senior leaders of health and behavioral health care organizations that seek to dramatically reduce suicides among patients in their care. Using the Zero Suicide framework, participants learn how to incorporate best and promising practices into their organizations and processes to improve care and safety for individuals at risk. Zero Suicide Institute staff and faculty provide both interactive presentations and small group sessions, collaborating with participants to develop organization-specific action plans.
The objectives of the Zero Suicide Academy are to:
- Provide organizations interested in adopting a Zero Suicide approach with the skills and information necessary to launch and sustain their effort;
- Create collaborative links between participating organizations in order to share lessons learned, unique perspectives, knowledge, skills, and training decisions; and
- Support systems to design a successful action plan for their Zero Suicide implementation.
Pre-Academy February 29, 2024 at 1:00pm - 2:00pm ET
Academy Day One March 12th, 2024 at 11:00am - 7:00pm ET
Academy Day Two March 13th, 2024 at 11:00am - 7:00pm ET
Post-Academy April 15, 2024 at 1:00pm - 2:00 pm ET
How To Apply
- Participant Eligibility
All health and behavioral health systems are eligible to apply.
Applicants are to attend the Zero Suicide Academy® with a team of 3-6 individuals including the person identified as the lead for the system's Zero Suicide initiative. Recommendations for the team composition include:
- At least one senior leader/management (irrespective of discipline area). Person(s) responsible and with authority for implementation decisions (e.g., CEO, COO, Medical Doctor, CIO, ED)
- At least one person who manages your electronic health records (EHR) system, quality improvement, or risk management.
- At least one person (e.g., case manager, psychologist, social worker, nurse, other) who provides care to patients daily.
- At least one person who supervises the direct patient care.
- At least one person with lived experience.
- Application Instructions
All organizations wishing to be considered for the Zero Suicide Academy® will submit the application by the due date. The application will be reviewed by Zero Suicide Institute (ZSI); a complete application will be required including at least 3 team members selected to attend and the completed organizational self study. Applications are due by February 12, 2024.
- Organizational Self Study
A Zero Suicide Organizational Self-Study must be completed by your implementation team members, along with your application. We offer two versions of the Organizational Self-Study: the General Organizational Self-Study and the Inpatient Organizational Self-Study. Organizations can choose to take one or both available Self-Studies.
If you would like to review the questions before taking the survey, we offer a PDF of each version of the Self-Study. To access these resources, you will need to create an account on the Zero Suicide website.