Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk Outpatient Course
The AMSR-Outpatient Course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to address suicide risk and behaviors in outpatient settings on a self-paced schedule with access to an interactive forum.
Get AMSR Trained
Outpatient providers can help patients with elevated suicide risk remain in their community setting and recover by using the suicide risk identification, assessment, and management competencies taught in the AMSR-Outpatient training. The AMSR-Outpatient Training will prepare you to use the AMSR risk formulation in outpatient care settings, such as mental or behavioral health centers or primary care offices.
About the Course
Learn how to confidently and competently assess and manage levels of client or patient suicide risk in this highly practical and absorbing four-week online course.
Developed by Master Trainers and experts with lived experience in the field of suicide prevention, the Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk Outpatient (AMSR-Outpatient) course helps "lift the burden" experienced by busy mental health practitioners when working with clients at risk of suicide.
Your learning journey takes you step by step through how to recognize suicide warning signs, respond compassionately and appropriately to those signs, and critically provides you with skills and interventions to develop an effective and collaborative suicide prevention management plan with your clients.
The AMSR-Outpatient course offers health and mental health practitioners a structured framework using evidence-based interventions and strategies that are easy to learn and apply. Over 80,000 clinicians and 2,000 healthcare systems in the United States alone have taken an AMSR course.
You will experience beautifully crafted and deeply engaging video lessons and compelling demonstrations of clinicians working with clients that show you how to work with the AMSR framework across a range of client populations. You will also have access to a digital library that allows you to download useful resources. Support is offered on your learning journey by AMSR trainers via an interactive forum that allows you to share experiences and ask questions as you learn.
This AMSR-Outpatient course is a complete, thorough, and enjoyable learning experience that has been designed right from the start to help build your confidence and competence in working with clients at all levels of suicide risk in clinical practice.
- Develop core skills required to assess and manage suicide risk
- Learn about the contributing factors and warning signs of suicide risk
- Efficiently learn how to gather information from your patients to formulate a risk assessment
- Learn how to ask directly about suicide
- Learn about the common dilemmas associated with suicide risk
- Acquire knowledge of available safety and evidence-based treatment options
- Learn how to develop an effective plan collaboratively with a client to minimize the risk of suicide
- January 10 - February 7 (Outpatient)
- February 21 - March 21 (Outpatient)
- March 21 - April 18 (Outpatient & Inpatient)
- April 25 - May 23 (Outpatient)
- June 6 - July 4 (Outpatient & Inpatient)
- July 25 - August 22 (Outpatient)
- September 12 - October 10 (Outpatient)
- October 17 - November 14 (Outpatient & Inpatient)
- November 21 - December 19 (Outpatient)
The course is open for registration in partnership with Psychwire. More information on the latest cohort can be found in the Events section. Sign up on their learning platform by following the link below. To stay updated on upcoming cohorts, join our email list.