The in-person Zero Suicide Academy® is EDC’s signature two-day training for health and behavioral health organizations seeking to dramatically reduce suicides among those in their care.
An In-person Zero Suicide Academy brings our expert staff and faculty to you to help teams strategize about improving suicide care.
About the Academy
The in-person Zero Suicide Academy® is EDC’s signature two-day training for health and behavioral health organizations seeking to dramatically reduce suicides among those in their care. Led by our expert ZSI staff and faculty at your location, the Zero Suicide Academy provides up to 16 teams from health and behavioral health organizations with an invaluable opportunity to kick-off their Zero Suicide implementation, learn about the Zero Suicide framework and seven elements, begin strategic implementation planning, and prepare for commonly faced challenges. Teams will also have an opportunity to network with similar organizations and establish relationships with each other and our team for ongoing assistance.
Using the Zero Suicide framework, participants learn how to incorporate best and promising practices into their organizations and processes to improved care and safety for individuals at risk of suicide. The event includes both interactive presentations and small group sessions. There is time for our staff and faculty to collaborate with teams to develop organization-specific action plans.
An in-person Zero Suicide Academy often draws teams from across a city, state, or region and is typically hosted by a ‘sponsor’ organization (e.g., state behavioral health authority, tribal government, federal agency, regional healthcare center of excellence). Larger integrated delivery networks that include many service lines across a state or region may also host a Zero Suicide Academy for those internal locations and service lines.
Some academies focus on particular kinds of organizations – e.g., community mental health centers, hospitals, FQHCs – while other academies are open to a wide range of organizations in a particular geographical area – e.g., hospitals, outpatient health and behavioral health settings, school mental health, crisis centers, and justice settings in one region of a state.
Zero Suicide Academy In-Person FAQs
- Is sponsoring a Zero Suicide Academy right for me?
- If you’re a state, federal grantee, federal agency, or regional prevention coalition interested in supporting health and behavioral health organizations in your area to begin their Zero Suicide work, then a Zero Suicide Academy is the perfect fit!
- If your organization is ready to get started but you don't have a sponsor, a workshop or consultation might be a better fit. You may also want to review our upcoming National Zero Suicide Academy or the Zero Suicide Academies listed below to see if there is one already scheduled in your area.
- What is the benefit of having our Zero Suicide Academy in-person instead of online?
Hosting an Academy in-person may meet your needs if:
- You want to open eligibility to a limited geographical region (e.g., all tribal-serving systems in your area or those that provide a system of care in a large urban setting).
- Meeting in-person is culturally important to your participants.
- Your participants prefer an in-person learning format.
- You want to host an academy back-to-back with another meeting in your city where you know participants are visiting (e.g., state suicide prevention conference).
- Where do I go if I’m ready to host a Zero Suicide Academy In-Person or if I have questions not answered by this page?
Please use the Contact Us button and someone from our team will get back to you shortly.